Greetings to you all. Events this week have brought Covid 19 very much to the fore. MS Otago is working to look after your safety and well being during this troubling time. This means:
- Supporting Valerie to deliver our core service in a safe way, for as long as possible. Currently this means:
- Valerie will be working from home or her office at DCH, as long as DCH remains open and safe to work from
- All group meetings are on hold until we are told by the Ministry of Health and other NZ Government Departments that the environment is safe and secure
- Face-to-face meetings will be minimised
- Support, information, advocacy and education services will continue via remote means, such as phone or email.
2. NOT putting our clients, staff and volunteers in risky situations. Currently this means suspending All other MS Otago activities, including:
- Suspension of monthly Executive Committee meetings, starting with the March meeting
- Suspension of Street Appeal planning
- Suspension of any MS Otago event or shared activity.
We will review the MS Otago response regularly and continue to follow NZ Government directions.
We all need to work together to keep ourselves and our community safe. We need to look our for ourselves, our neighbours, our families and our friends.
Keep safe and keep well.
All the best,